An advocate for the homeless, she has served on the board for Hundred Nights homeless shelter since 2015.
Paraphrasing Martin Luther King Jr:
“For me to be an effective pastor, then I must be involved in social justice. For me to be effective in social justice, then I must be involved as pastor.”
The words of a popular T-Shirt for pastors reads as such,
“I belong to a rare breed of pastors
who still Preach from the Bible,
Care for their Congregation,
Pray for the Sick and the Needy,
and Desire to Reach the Lost and Broken of this world.”
According to those who know her, this is an accurate description of Pastor Lena. She brings a fire and a passion for both pastoral ministry as well as social justice.
Currently she in one of the On Call Chaplains at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene and she sits on the Board of Directors at the Hundred Nights Cold Weather and Homeless Shelter in Keene as well as many of its subcommittees.
Her well known passion for street ministry and for being a visible and vocal Advocate for the homeless, marginalized, mentally ill, and society’s invisible has been recognized by NH State Senator Molly Kelly.
The underlying force that motivates Pastor Lena in all her endeavors is her unshakable love of the Lord and her desire that all should meet and come to know him. She is looking forward to walking alongside all of you in this spiritual journey!
- 59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They’re Trying to Tell Us Why
- 6 Disruptive Church Trends That Will Rule 2017
Come and join the song!
You can meet Pastor Lena this Sunday at 10am for our worship service!
Know Your Why – Church Life Jar workbook (27 pages)
- Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day – Call to Action Pastor Lena Mark, a board member for Hundred Nights shelter, wrote the following Call to Action to present at the Homeless Memorial Vigil held in Keene NH on December 21, 2016: Watch the video posted by CJ the DJ: Tonight we stand in unison – along with communities across this state and nation – to remember those ...
- New Shoes – Pastor Lena Mark – July 3, 2016 – Worship Service Video Please enjoy this video from our Sunday worship service on 07/03/2016, New Shoes sermon by Pastor Lena Mark. Peterborough United Methodist Church, Peterborough NH We are PUMC small Church, BIG Heart http://www.PeterboroughUMC.org
- My Living Shall Not Be in Vain – Quote Image My Living Shall Not Be in Vain If I can help somebody, as I pass along, If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song, If I can show somebody, that he’s travelling wrong, Then my living shall not be in vain. If I can do my duty, as a good man ought, If I can bring back beauty, to ...
- Introducing Pastor Lena Mark The words of a popular T-Shirt for pastors reads as such, “I belong to a rare breed of pastors who still Preach from the Bible, Care for their Congregation, Pray for the Sick and the Needy, and Desire to Reach the Lost and Broken of this world.” According to those who know her, this is an accurate description of Pastor ...