Pastor Lena Mark is no longer serving at Peterborough United Methodist Church
An advocate for the homeless, she has served on the board for Hundred Nights homeless shelter since 2015.
*Photography by Elicia Edwards Photography
Paraphrasing Martin Luther King Jr:
“For me to be an effective pastor, then I must be involved in social justice. For me to be effective in social justice, then I must be involved as pastor.”
The words of a popular T-Shirt for pastors reads as such,
“I belong to a rare breed of pastors
who still Preach from the Bible,
Care for their Congregation,
Pray for the Sick and the Needy,
and Desire to Reach the Lost and Broken of this world.”
According to those who know her, this is an accurate description of Pastor Lena. She brings a fire and a passion for both pastoral ministry as well as social justice.
Currently she in one of the On Call Chaplains at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene and she sits on the Board of Directors at the Hundred Nights Cold Weather and Homeless Shelter in Keene as well as many of its subcommittees.
Her well known passion for street ministry and for being a visible and vocal Advocate for the homeless, marginalized, mentally ill, and society’s invisible has been recognized by NH State Senator Molly Kelly.
The underlying force that motivates Pastor Lena in all her endeavors is her unshakable love of the Lord and her desire that all should meet and come to know him. She is looking forward to walking alongside all of you in this spiritual journey!
- 59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They’re Trying to Tell Us Why
- 6 Disruptive Church Trends That Will Rule 2017
Know Your Why – Church Life Jar workbook (27 pages)
- World Religions 2019 Class Two Session 2: Hinduism Sessions Goals: As a result of conversations and activities connected with this session, group members should be able to: Identify the historical roots and sacred texts of Hinduism Articulate some of the basic beliefs of Hinduism Compare and contrast some Christian Beliefs with those of Hinduism and Appreciate the possibilities and potential benefits of Christian-Hindu interactions. Scriptural Foundation: Ephesians 2.1-10 2 ...
- Instructions for World Religions 2019 Class One Wrestling With Questions People Ask Rev. Kathleene Card Adam Hamilton, a very successful United Methodist Pastor in Kansas, has created a six-week course that helps us to study more seriously how Christianity and World Religions intersect. We will explore this study in our church. The title of this course he is Christianity and World Religion: ...
- Christianity and World Religions Bible Study Sessions We are looking at 5 major religions for the next 5 weeks. We are using Adam Hamilton’s book CHRISTIANITY AND WORLD RELIGIONS. We are just breaking the surface, but the goal is to find those places where we can connect and to identify those areas where we differ, so we can honor each other. One ...
- Advent Class – The Journey – Lesson 5 People are welcome to attend our The Journey class on Wed at 9:45 or Sunday at 11:15, or online. Week Five: The Manger Goals of Chapter 5 In your own words how do you see the spot tradition reports Jesus was born? Reflect on the meaning of the site chosen for the Messiah’s birth Ponder the long-range meaning of the ...