Pastor Lena Mark is no longer serving at Peterborough United Methodist Church
An advocate for the homeless, she has served on the board for Hundred Nights homeless shelter since 2015.
*Photography by Elicia Edwards Photography
Paraphrasing Martin Luther King Jr:
“For me to be an effective pastor, then I must be involved in social justice. For me to be effective in social justice, then I must be involved as pastor.”
The words of a popular T-Shirt for pastors reads as such,
“I belong to a rare breed of pastors
who still Preach from the Bible,
Care for their Congregation,
Pray for the Sick and the Needy,
and Desire to Reach the Lost and Broken of this world.”
According to those who know her, this is an accurate description of Pastor Lena. She brings a fire and a passion for both pastoral ministry as well as social justice.
Currently she in one of the On Call Chaplains at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene and she sits on the Board of Directors at the Hundred Nights Cold Weather and Homeless Shelter in Keene as well as many of its subcommittees.
Her well known passion for street ministry and for being a visible and vocal Advocate for the homeless, marginalized, mentally ill, and society’s invisible has been recognized by NH State Senator Molly Kelly.
The underlying force that motivates Pastor Lena in all her endeavors is her unshakable love of the Lord and her desire that all should meet and come to know him. She is looking forward to walking alongside all of you in this spiritual journey!
- 59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They’re Trying to Tell Us Why
- 6 Disruptive Church Trends That Will Rule 2017
Know Your Why – Church Life Jar workbook (27 pages)
- 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: On-Line Summer Bible Study for PUMC Your thoughts have power! Schedule Section Suggested Dates Day 1-7 Discovering the Joy of Free Will 7/9-7-15 Day 8-14 The Joy of Knowing Whose you Are 7/16-7/22 Day 15-21 Developing Extreme Gratitude 7/23-7/29 Day 22-28 The Joy of Our Surroundings 7/30-8/5 Day 29-35 The Joy of Self-Discipline and Celebrating Other’s Success 8/6-8/12 Days 36-40 The Joy of Solutions: Embracing God’s Presence 8/13-17 If you would like to join this self-paced Bible study please contact Rev Card. You ...
- Reception for Rev Card – Photo Gallery Peterborough United Methodist Church enjoyed hosting a community Barbecue to welcome their new pastor. After a lively worship service, the members and guests of PUMC enjoyed listening to organist Gene Brochu play lots of Jazz standards and oldies–including the Beatles. Delicious homemade dishes with hamburgers and hotdogs (yes we even had veggie burgers) delighted this ...
- Reception for Rev Card Reverend Kathleene Card is the new Minister at Peterborough United Methodist Church (PUMC) and we are celebrating her. We invite you to join us July 1, 2018 at 43 Concord Street, Peterborough NH. Our Sunday worship service is at 10 AM and all are welcome. The celebration for Rev. Card begins at 11:30 AM with an ...
- 50 Days Of Easter: Day 18 – Reverend Kathleene Card Thursday, April 19, 2018 Adapted from the Book of Acts Chapter 6 Dear Lord, The community of Disciples grew in number and factions developed. Greek-speaking believers—“Hellenists”—argued that the daily food lines discriminated against their widows. So the Original Twelve said, “It is not right that we should neglect the word of God in order to wait on ...