“When [Jesus] came, he announced the good news of peace to you who were far away from God and those who were near. We both have access to the Father through Christ by the one Spirit. So now you are no longer strangers and aliens. Rather, you are fellow citizens with God’s people, and you belong to God’s household.” ~ Ephesians 3:17-22
Peterborough United Methodist Church is engaging in service locally and abroad with the assistance of diverse aid organizations. You are invited to learn more about these organizations here, and to consider engaging in supporting these efforts personally.
World’s Children International
We are proud to sponsor Arun Hanmanthu from India through World’s Children International. This organization is dedicated to providing education, nourishment, and safety to children with HIV/AIDS, rescued from slavery, and otherwise without families. We have received a recent progress report and letter from Arun, and they are posted on the Fellowship Hall bulletin board. We have been sponsoring Arun for two years, and serving through WCI for six. We have not yet raised our annual donation amount this year, which provides for the care and education Arun’s home provides. Arun was orphaned by AIDS. His birthday is June 18, 2004. You can send him letters and paper items like stickers and mazes to: World’s Children International, PO Box 2708, Corvallis OR 97339. worldschildren.org
New Life Home
Since 2003, PUMC has been financially supporting the New Life Home for Women. This is a small organization, a residential facility providing care for women striving to break cycles of abuse, drug addiction, and poverty. New Life Home is special because it assists these women without separating them from their families. Over the years, we have received Christmas cards and letters of thanks from these families, who are receiving the gifts of time, training, and the Gospel through the initiative of George and Grace Rosado. newlifehome.org
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter)
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter) is a service, temporary shelter, and advocate for the homeless in our local community. MATS is prepared to assist any person at any time, works to educate the community about homelessness, and depends entirely on grants and donations to fund their work. PUMC has collected and budgeted donations to MATS since 2004. matsnh.org
Shelter From The Storm
Shelter From the Storm This is a local program providing transitional housing and support services for those who have become homeless due to a variety of circumstances. In the past the church has provided dinners to this organization. In previous years the funds for this came out of the church budget. This shelter is in Jaffrey, NH. ShelterFromtheStormNH.org
We have also had a long relationship supporting missionary Nan McCurdy in Nicaragua. Nan is a United Methodist missionary, called to serve God internationally. Nan and her husband work with the Women and Community Association, which focuses on health, development, and education. umcmission.org
Watch for upcoming mission opportunities, including our famous electronics recycle day for Goodwill.
We collect food items, pop tabs, and Campbell’s soup labels continually, so your participation in our mission projects can begin today!
*More photos on our Facebook page!
Missions Blog Posts
- Texas here we come! Our Youth Group, as well as the team from Milford, is on their way to Spring, Texas to help with recovery from Hurricane Harvey! Good luck team!
- Join us – Ham & Bean Benefit Dinner for Transitional Housing Please join us at Peterborough United Methodist Church for the Ham and Bean Dinner to benefit transitional housing efforts on Saturday, June 9 from 5:00 – 7:30 pm. The menu will include ham, beans (vegetarian option, too), macaroni & cheese, macaroni salad, cole slaw, corn bread, and strawberry shortcake for dessert! All for only $9/adult, ...
- Rummage and Yard Sale at PUMC RUMMAGE & YARD SALE Saturday MAY 19, 2018 9 AM-1 PM BAG SALE at 12:30 PM NO EARLY BIRDS PLEASE Peterborough United Methodist Church 43 Concord Street Peterborough, NH Clothing, Household Items, Glassware, Books, Knick-Knacks, Linens, Toys, Jewelry & more! Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1804916516479855/ Download the flyer and share: http://www.peterboroughumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/RUMMAGE-yard-sale-flyer-2018.pdf
- Monadnock Hunger Walk – Area Groups Working Together for Hunger Relief As Spring returns to the Monadnock region, area churches and community groups will be coming together to celebrate the season and walk for hunger relief. Taking a page out of the ‘support local’ movement, representatives of Fitzwilliam Community Church, Greenfield Covenant Church, Peterborough Unitarian Universalist Church, Peterborough Union Congregational Church, and Peterborough United Methodist Church ...
- Third time’s the charm for PUMC and local homeless shelters Peterborough United Methodist Church wants to serve you and yours a “stick to your ribs” supper on Saturday, April 1st. The church’s missions team is repeating a benefit dinner that will support local housing charities – MATS and Shelter From the Storm. The benefit Chicken Dinner last year raised over $1,000 for transitional housing. The menu ...
- Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day – Call to Action Pastor Lena Mark, a board member for Hundred Nights shelter, wrote the following Call to Action to present at the Homeless Memorial Vigil held in Keene NH on December 21, 2016: Watch the video posted by CJ the DJ: Tonight we stand in unison – along with communities across this state and nation – to remember those ...
- Good Times at Peak Into Peterborough Peak Into Peterborough was held on October 15, 2016. PUMC participated with a theme on Imagine No Malaria and introducing our church to the community. We were given 2 spaces to allow for set up of several tables for face painting, temporary hair coloring, crafts, snacks, literature and posters on Imagine No Malaria and ...
- October 2016 Calendar for Prayer and Action for Hunger Please join us during the month of October for a mindfulness exercise regarding hunger. Download calendar PDF New Hampshire Food Bank NH’s only food bank since 1984. They help feed over 139,730 men, women and children each year. For every $1 donated, you provide 2 meals. http://www.NHFoodBank.org Special collection Sunday October 30 for NH Food Bank 1. Genesis 18:1-15 At your meal ...
- Special Collection and Cake Sale for Arun World’s Children Sponsorship The 2016 Sponsorship Drive for World’s Children is underway! This year, the United Methodist Women are asking our church congregation to help raise the $360 sponsorship it takes to care for Arun Hanumanthu, the young boy that our church has sponsored since he arrived at the Methodist Boarding Home for Boys and Girls ...
- Get On In Here and Eat! It’s All for A Great Cause! Peterborough United Methodist Church wants to serve you and yours a “stick to your ribs” supper on Saturday, April 2nd. The church’s missions team is repeating a benefit dinner that will support local housing charities – MATS and Shelter From the Storm. The benefit Chicken Dinner last year raised over $1,000 for transitional housing. The menu ...