“When [Jesus] came, he announced the good news of peace to you who were far away from God and those who were near. We both have access to the Father through Christ by the one Spirit. So now you are no longer strangers and aliens. Rather, you are fellow citizens with God’s people, and you belong to God’s household.” ~ Ephesians 3:17-22
Peterborough United Methodist Church is engaging in service locally and abroad with the assistance of diverse aid organizations. You are invited to learn more about these organizations here, and to consider engaging in supporting these efforts personally.
We have also had a long relationship supporting missionary Nan McCurdy in Nicaragua. Nan is a United Methodist missionary, called to serve God internationally. Nan and her husband work with the Women and Community Association, which focuses on health, development, and education. umcmission.org
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter)
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter) is a service, temporary shelter, and advocate for the homeless in our local community. MATS is prepared to assist any person at any time, works to educate the community about homelessness, and depends entirely on grants and donations to fund their work. PUMC has collected and budgeted donations to MATS since 2004. matsnh.org
Monandock Center for Violence Prevention
Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention supports survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking in the Monadnock Region. MCVPrevention.org.
New Life Home
Since 2003, PUMC has been financially supporting the New Life Home for Women. This is a small organization, a residential facility providing care for women striving to break cycles of abuse, drug addiction, and poverty. New Life Home is special because it assists these women without separating them from their families. Over the years, we have received Christmas cards and letters of thanks from these families, who are receiving the gifts of time, training, and the Gospel through the initiative of George and Grace Rosado. newlifehome.org
The River Center
The River Center strengthens individuals and families of the Eastern Monadnock Region through parenting support, free tax preparation and money coaching, and community connections.
Shelter From The Storm
Shelter From the Storm This is a local program providing transitional housing and support services for those who have become homeless due to a variety of circumstances. In the past the church has provided dinners to this organization. In previous years the funds for this came out of the church budget. This shelter is in Jaffrey, NH. ShelterFromtheStormNH.org
World’s Children International
We are proud to sponsor Arun Hanmanthu from India through World’s Children International. This organization is dedicated to providing education, nourishment, and safety to children with HIV/AIDS, rescued from slavery, and otherwise without families. We have received a recent progress report and letter from Arun, and they are posted on the Fellowship Hall bulletin board. We have been sponsoring Arun for two years, and serving through WCI for six. We have not yet raised our annual donation amount this year, which provides for the care and education Arun’s home provides. Arun was orphaned by AIDS. His birthday is June 18, 2004. You can send him letters and paper items like stickers and mazes to: World’s Children International, PO Box 2708, Corvallis OR 97339. worldschildren.org
Watch for upcoming mission opportunities, including our famous electronics recycle day for Goodwill.
We collect food items, pop tabs, and Campbell’s soup labels continually, so your participation in our mission projects can begin today!
*More photos on our Facebook page!
Missions Blog Posts
- *Cancelled – PUMC Supper Church Worship Service *Due to some scheduling conflicts we have canceled this Supper Church. See you next time! All are welcome and encouraged to come, including families and children. The service will consist of music, a short scripture reading and message, and time for discussion. The guided-question discussion that will follow the message and scripture reading is intended to ...
- Annual Yard Sale and Rummage at PUMC Please join us for our annual yard sale. We will have books, lawn and garden goods, clothing, toys, sundries, kitchen goods, etc. Saturday, June 8th – 9 am – 2 pm $1 bag sale starts at 1 pm Peterborough United Methodist Church 43 Concord St Peterborough NH 03458 Facebook Event: Flyer:
- Missions Benefit Dinner for Transitional Housing 2019 Peterborough United Methodist Church wants to serve you and yours a “stick to your ribs” supper on Saturday, April 13th. The church’s missions team is repeating a benefit dinner that will support local housing charities – Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter and Shelter From the Storm. The classic Shepherd’s Pie Dinner has been such a hit ...
- Serrv Gifts Fundraiser Easter Gifts to buy? Homes to spruce? Shop handmade from the web link below now thru April 14th, when you buy handmade gifts and home decor using the web link below, 20% of your purchase will be donated to PUMC Missions programs like Shelter from the Storm, MATS, New Life Home, Peterborough Food Bank, the ...
- Save the Date: Giving Tuesday is November 27! Giving Tuesday is part of an international movement to extend the spirit of giving thanks into the Advent season. As a response to the hyper-consumerism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, people around the world celebrate Giving Tuesday by supporting organizations that are transforming the world. It offers an opportunity to start the holiday season ...
- Texas here we come! – Youth mission trip with PUMC and MUMC Our Youth Group, as well as the team from Milford, is on their way to Spring, Texas to help with recovery from Hurricane Harvey! Good luck team! Hard at work we restored and painted this shed along with painting house trim and replacing back wall of garage and painting it.
- Join us – Ham & Bean Benefit Dinner for Transitional Housing 2018 Please join us at Peterborough United Methodist Church for the Ham and Bean Dinner to benefit transitional housing efforts on Saturday, June 9 from 5:00 – 7:30 pm. The menu will include ham, beans (vegetarian option, too), macaroni & cheese, macaroni salad, cole slaw, corn bread, and strawberry shortcake for dessert! All for only $9/adult, ...
- Rummage and Yard Sale at PUMC 2018 RUMMAGE & YARD SALE Saturday MAY 19, 2018 9 AM-1 PM BAG SALE at 12:30 PM NO EARLY BIRDS PLEASE Peterborough United Methodist Church 43 Concord Street Peterborough, NH Clothing, Household Items, Glassware, Books, Knick-Knacks, Linens, Toys, Jewelry & more! Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1804916516479855/ Download the flyer and share: http://www.peterboroughumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/RUMMAGE-yard-sale-flyer-2018.pdf
- Monadnock Hunger Walk 2018 – Area Groups Working Together for Hunger Relief 2019 Monadnock Hunger Walk As Spring returns to the Monadnock region, area churches and community groups will be coming together to celebrate the season and walk for hunger relief. Taking a page out of the ‘support local’ movement, representatives of Fitzwilliam Community Church, Greenfield Covenant Church, Peterborough Unitarian Universalist Church, Peterborough Union Congregational Church, and Peterborough ...
- Third time’s the charm for PUMC and local homeless shelters 2017 Peterborough United Methodist Church wants to serve you and yours a “stick to your ribs” supper on Saturday, April 1st. The church’s missions team is repeating a benefit dinner that will support local housing charities – MATS and Shelter From the Storm. The benefit Chicken Dinner last year raised over $1,000 for transitional housing. The menu ...