Peak Into Peterborough was held on October 15, 2016. PUMC participated with a theme on Imagine No Malaria and introducing our church to the community. We were given 2 spaces to allow for set up of several tables for face painting, temporary hair coloring, crafts, snacks, literature and posters on Imagine No Malaria and PUMC. Over a 100 children were drawn to the booth by the childrens games and activities. Both children and adults enjoyed rides on the Quadricycle. Over $200 dollars was raised for Imagine No MALARIA. We had 12 people from church come to participate and enjoy the fun and blessings of this event plus others from church that assisted in preparation and donations of baked goods. Thank you God for the many blessings received when we serve others.
Peace and Love, Grammy Linda
New Hampshire Food Bank NH’s only food bank since 1984.
They help feed over 139,730 men, women and children each year.
For every $1 donated, you provide 2 meals.
Special collection Sunday October 30 for NH Food Bank
1. Genesis 18:1-15 At your meal table today, set an extra place. To whom is God calling you to show hospitality?
2. Genesis 25:29-34 Enjoy a meal of beans and rice, and donate a package of each to your local food pantry.
3. Genesis 41:25-36 Count the number of food items in your cupboards. Put 1¢ for each aside.
4. Leviticus 19:9-10 Tell a friend how the Community Kitchen feeds the hungry, following the biblical practice of gleaning.
5. Genesis 1:26-31 Pray for those who seek work in order to feed themselves and their families.
6. Exodus 13:1-10 The Hebrew people ate in a hurry. Put 50¢ aside for every fast food meal you’ve eaten in the last month.
7. Exodus 16 Eat only leftovers today. 48 million hungry Americans would love to have such good food to eat.
8. Ruth 1-2 1 Food left in the fields is forgotten, like loose change is forgotten. Put your loose change aside today.
9. Kings 17:12-16 Where in your life are you experiencing scarcity today— Money? Love? Hope? Time? Share some of what seems scarce.
10. Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.” Practice contentment today.
11. Ecclesiastes 9:7-10a Enjoy a special meal with good friends or family today. Thank God for their presence in your life.
12. Proverbs 15:15-17 Serve only vegetables and love for dinner tonight.
13. Psalm 104 Where in your life do you experience abundance—Money? Love? Hope? Time? Share what seems overflowing today.
14. Proverbs 30:7-9 Set aside a “want” and share a tithe (10%) of what that “want” would cost with NH Food Bank or your congregation.
15. Isaiah 55 For what are you hungering and thirsting today? Spend time in prayer with today’s reading.
16. Isaiah 58:6-11 How is hunger an issue of justice? Consider the politics of food and hunger. Find your voice and be heard!
17. Matthew 4:1-11 They say talk is cheap. Put 1¢ aside for every 100 words you speak today.
18. Luke 12:13-33 Put 25¢ aside each time you worry this week.
19. Matthew 6:7-13 Put an amount aside equivalent to what you spend on a loaf of bread.
20. Matthew 7:7-11 Pray for agencies in your community that feed the hungry.
21. Luke 11:5-8 Put 1¢ aside for every hour you slept this week.
22. Luke 14:15-24 Is there an area in your life in which you are refusing God’s invitation?
23. John 6:1-14 1 Skip lunch today and give the money you’d have spent to NH Food Bank instead.
24. Corinthians 10:23-31Serve a meal at a soup kitchen or shelter today, for the glory of God.
25. Acts 2:43-47 Consider how your faith community might be more like the Acts 2 community.
26. John 6:22-34 How are you working for the “food that endures for eternal life?”
27. John 6:35-40 Give thanks today for Jesus, the Bread of Life.
28. Romans 14:1-9 Try a new food, from a different culture today.
29. Philippians 4:4-9 1 Today, plan one way you will fight hunger in the coming months.
30. Timothy 6:6-8 Put a gift aside as a thanksgiving for the many blessings you enjoy. (Special collection for NH Food Bank)