- Ministries at PUMC
- Leadership at PUMC
- About Our Area
- UMC Info
- PUMC History
- Photo Gallery
- Inspriational Images
In a world that lacks connection, PUMC shares God’s love with authentic relationships and a commitment to service.
Our congregation is open, caring and genuine, and always
happy to share the love of our church family.
Opportunities for fellowship and involvement in our church community include:
- Spirit Filled Worship Services with Biblically Based Sermons
- Open Communion the First Sunday of the Month
- Outstanding Choir
- United Methodist Women
- Christian Education for all Ages
- Prayer Chain and Prayer Partners
We are a Christian Fellowship seeking to grow in its understanding of God’s word for today; to support, nurture and deepen spiritual growth; and to share the Good News with others through acts of compassion and a commitment to justice.
We are a supportive community which respects the individuality of people, offers care to those in crisis, responds to the needs of the world, and provides Christian education and worship experiences that reflect the diversity of our congregation. We embrace our unique heritage and recognize our common bond with other Christian churches and faith groups.
You will find our church warm, friendly, supportive, and nourishing with a exuberant music ministry and outstanding continuing education. Opportunities abound for fellowship and involvement in our church community. Our Sunday service is alive with singing: congregationally, from the choir, and from individuals sharing special music. We love hymns, and try new music, too, from all over the world. Ours is a small building, filled with the warmth of friendship and enthusiasm. We dress semi-casually, or like we would for work, and gather a few minutes before the start of service. We like to laugh, and share our joys and concerns with each other. We have a mix of prayer styles, and read Scripture from the whole Bible. You’ll find you can speak up or keep silent in worship — there is room for every personality here. We love our little wigglers – we want to see babies, children, and teenagers, and our ministries for young people are growing! Sermons are short and direct, and we like to gather after worship for fellowship, study, and refreshments. We treat this house of worship as our home, caring for it ourselves and making ourselves comfortable in it. We have a ramp for accessibility, and wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Peterborough United Methodist Church has been a vital part of the town and history of Peterborough, NH for many decades. We are deeply rooted in our history as United Methodists and are a committed community-oriented church. We believe that we are called to be a light to our community, state, region, nation, and world. Our Church was founded in 1840 in Peterborough, NH. We have a rich and varied history rooted in the old time Methodist circuit riders and the revivals of the 1800’s.
About the United Methodist Church
Social Media: Facebook, YouTube
Blog Posts About US
- World Thank Offering CalendarA Month of Giving… An Attitude of Gratitude The World Thank Offering, giving freely and abundantly in response to God’s goodness has been the way of life for United Methodist Women for almost 150 years. United Methodist Women and their foremothers used the World Thank Offering from 1881 to give thanks to God for our blessedness and ...
- Backpacks for Shelters DriveBackpacks and school supplies for transitional shelters time! School days are right around the corner. As part of our local missions outreach, we are pleased to provide school backpacks for the children housed at the local transitional shelters, Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter (MATS) and Shelter From the Storm. Backpacks are in for 19 children at these ...
- YouTube Channel Trailer for PUMC (PUMC Peterborough United Methodist Church)Please enjoy the YouTube trailer for the channel featuring PUMC, a Methodist church in Peterborough, NH. PUMC Trailer Welcome to the PUMC Church Family Greetings from Peterborough United Methodist Church Our videos: streaming weekly Sunday service 10 am EST (note new service time) Children’s moment Hymns Funny moments Children’s Moment “Good morning kids. It’s time for the children both young and old.” Hymns “All things bright ...
- School Supplies for Children in NeedSchool days are right around the corner. As part of our local missions outreach, we are pleased to provide school backpacks for the children housed at the local transitional shelters, Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter (MATS) and Shelter From the Storm. Backpacks are currently being ordered for 15 children at these homes. Our mission as the ...
- Pastor’s Half Year Update 2021HALF YEAR PASTOR’S UPDATE, JULY 31, 2021 Thanks to Laura Constantine and her committee, we have in-person worship. People can also still worship by live steaming on YouTube. The address is http://bit.ly/pumcyoutube. New technical equipment has been designed and approved and should be ready before September 19, 2021. The Trustees are overseeing this. Thank you to everyone ...
- PUMC 2020 Annual ReportPlease enjoy our Annual Report for 2020 Peterborough United Methodist Church 2020 Annual Report 43 Concord St Peterborough NH 03458 603-924-4294 email@example.com https://www.PeterboroughUMC.org TABLE OF CONTENTS Attendance Communications Finance Lay Leadership & Committees Pastor’s Report Programs Wesleyan Covenant Prayer ATTENDANCE Average Weekly Attendance 2013 39 2014 44 2015 49 2016 47 2017 34 2018 46 2019 53 2020 69 Sunday Attendance 2020 2015 2334 2016 2316 2017 1696 2018 2353 2109 2656 2020 3589 Largest gathering = April 12, 2020 Easter Sunrise Service at Cathedral of the Pines = 487 people! 19,246 = times someone ...
- YouTube Channel Trailer for PUMC 2020 (PUMC Peterborough United Methodist Church)Please enjoy the YouTube trailer for the channel featuring PUMC, a Methodist church in Peterborough, NH. Welcome to the PUMC Church Family Greetings from Peterborough United Methodist Church and Rev Card Our videos: streaming weekly Sunday service 10 am EST weekly Greetings from Rev Card Children’s Moment hymns funny moments Sunday worship video “Christ is risen. Christ is risen indeed. My name is Kathleene Card, ...
- Bible Study: 30 Days With King David – Session 1Session 1: 30 Days with King David Session 1 is a morning class at 10 am on Wednesday November 4th or an Evening class at 7 pm on Wednesday November 4th. We will have 3 discussions on November 4, 11, 18. The Classes are being recorded, so ask for the link if you miss one. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Questions ...
- PUMC 2019 Annual ReportPlease enjoy our Annual Report for 2019 Peterborough United Methodist Church 2019 Annual Report 43 Concord St Peterborough NH 03458 (603) 924-4294 info@PeterboroughUMC.org https://www.PeterboroughUMC.org TABLE OF CONTENTS Attendance ……… 4 Book Group ……… 5 Communications ……… 7 Congregational Care ……… 9 Finance ……… 10 Lay ...
- PUMC 2018 Annual ReportPlease enjoy our Annual Report for 2018. Peterborough United Methodist Church 2018 Annual Report 43 Concord St Peterborough NH 03458 (603) 924-4294 info@PeterboroughUMC.org http://www.PeterboroughUMC.org TABLE OF CONTENTS Wesleyan Covenant Prayer 4 Pastor’s Report 5 Lay Leader 7 Annual Conference 12 Worship 22 Board of Trustees 24 Finance 25 PUMC Expenses 26 Treasurer 28 Missions Team 9 Men’s Group 33 Stone Soup Night 33 Congregational Care 34 Book Group 36 United Methodist Women 37 Membership 38 Member List 39 Lay Leadership & ...