PUMC Book Group: Sharing Books That Feed the Mind and the Soul
Meeting monthly online
Discussing books with a religious thread
All are welcome
There are spots still available for this group! The more the merrier!
Session runs about an hour and a half
Conversation Starters provided
Book group members are asked to bring a title suggestion for the following month’s meeting – a book not read, but intriguing – be prepared to do a short book talk about the title – we vote the next title and off we go!
All are welcome! If you would like to join the discussion, just let the church know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave an email address for contact info and then expect an email reminder of the book group meeting a week before.
Books can be ordered through on-line bookstores, downloaded through the public library or the NH State library, accessed through Kindle downloads, or ordered through Toadstool Bookstores for curbside pickup at the store. Resources available for purchasing books at a discount.
Keep calm and read on!
For more details contact Susan Lindquist (consult your directory) or the church office
- PUMC Book Group Online: Saints For All Occasions PUMC BOOK GROUP – Saints For All Occasions Next Book ZOOM Chat on Tuesday, June 30th @ 1 PM Book Chats have been pretty good of late! It’s nice to see everyone’s face and to wrap our brains around ideas, characters, author’s messages, social issues, and good plot line. If you’re looking to have a summertime reading ...
- PUMC Book Group Online: A Well-Behaved Woman The next book discussion for the PUMC Book Group will be held on Tuesday, May 26th @ 1 PM. The group will be discussing A Well-Behaved Woman – A Novel of the Vanderbilts by Therese Anne Fowler. The story follows the marriage of Alva Smith to William K. Vanderbilt, Cornelius’ grandson and the older brother ...
- Book Group at PUMC begins! Sharing Books That Feed the Mind and the Soul Our inaugural book group meeting will be on Thursday, June 11th 7pm in the fellowship room at the church. The book is Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. The group is open to new folks… future meetings will be agreed on by members, as we look at ...
Some of our PUMC Book Group titles have included:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towle
- A Well-Behaved Woman – A Novel of the Vanderbilts by Therese Anne Fowler
- An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive and an Unlikely Meeting With Destiny by Laura Schroff
- Broken For You by Stephanie Kallos
- Chinese Christian Family by Jenner Lin
- H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald
- Harry’s Trees by Jon Cohen
- Hidden Light of Northern Fires by Daren Wang
- Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J D Vance
- How Hackleburg Became a 13-Pie Church by Riley B Case
- Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
- Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Shanghai Faithful – Betrayal and Forgiveness in a
- Saints For All Occasions by J. Courtney Sullivan
- Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller
- Take This Bread by Sara Miles
- The Baker’s Secret by Stepehn P Kiernan
- The Book of Lights by Chaim Potok
- The Children’s Crusade by Ann Packard
- The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis
- The Hidden Light of Northern Fires by Daren Wang
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Rise of the Rocket Girls by Nathalia Holt
- The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks
- The Soul of an Octopus – A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery
- The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- The Testament of Mary by Colm Tóibín
- The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen
- The Words of Florence Nightingale – Lesser Saint, Philosopher, Social Activist, Political Reformer, and Accidental Nurse by Anne G. Peirce
- Theophilus North by Thornton Wilder
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Writing in the Sand – Jesus and the Soul of the Gospels by Thomas Moore