As announced in the March 5 service, PUMC will looking to replace Melissa French as administrative assistant after she transitions to a full-time position with benefits. Please let your Staff Parish Relations Committee know if you would like to be considered for the position, as described below, -or- if you know of someone who’s qualified and suitable for the position whom SPRC might consider. This position will become open after Melissa’s final day on March 16.
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
Peterborough United Methodist Church
Primary Job Duties:
The Administrative Assistant’s job is to assist the pastor and other church leaders with clerical tasks in a way that enhances the mission & ministry of PUMC.
Those tasks include:
- 1document preparation
- a. worship folder for Sunday services
- b. weekly newsletter for church congregation
- a. monitoring incoming phone messages, email, and mail
- b. publishing information to congregation
- c. maintenance of website for members & friends
- d. preparation and publication of yearly reports
- a. receive mail & email; evaluate and process as appropriate
- b. record-keeping
- c. reporting to Methodist denomination
- d. monitoring & ordering of office supplies
- e. assist with scheduling of building use
Skills & characteristics needed:
1. facility with Microsoft Windows, MS-Word, MS-Excel, PowerPoint
2. facility with email, google mail
3. savvy about internet, ideally able to create/maintain webpages, e.g. via WordPress
4. facility with social media is desirable but not mandatory
5. polite & efficient in interactions with church people & external parties
Pay, hours and days:
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time position, up to 15 hours per week, paid by the hour. The pay rate will be dictated by the applicant’s experience. Working remotely is possible providing that in-office duties are covered and that each week includes at least 4 office hours.
- Send cover letter, resume’, contact information, and three references, preferably in electronic form, to:
email@example.com [with “attention SPRC” in subject line] or Peterborough United Methodist Church, 43 Concord Street, Peterborough NH 03458.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Applicants must consent to a state background check, with fee paid by the church for candidates.