Pastor Lena Mark is no longer serving at Peterborough United Methodist Church
An advocate for the homeless, she has served on the board for Hundred Nights homeless shelter since 2015.
*Photography by Elicia Edwards Photography
Paraphrasing Martin Luther King Jr:
“For me to be an effective pastor, then I must be involved in social justice. For me to be effective in social justice, then I must be involved as pastor.”
The words of a popular T-Shirt for pastors reads as such,
“I belong to a rare breed of pastors
who still Preach from the Bible,
Care for their Congregation,
Pray for the Sick and the Needy,
and Desire to Reach the Lost and Broken of this world.”
According to those who know her, this is an accurate description of Pastor Lena. She brings a fire and a passion for both pastoral ministry as well as social justice.
Currently she in one of the On Call Chaplains at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene and she sits on the Board of Directors at the Hundred Nights Cold Weather and Homeless Shelter in Keene as well as many of its subcommittees.
Her well known passion for street ministry and for being a visible and vocal Advocate for the homeless, marginalized, mentally ill, and society’s invisible has been recognized by NH State Senator Molly Kelly.
The underlying force that motivates Pastor Lena in all her endeavors is her unshakable love of the Lord and her desire that all should meet and come to know him. She is looking forward to walking alongside all of you in this spiritual journey!
- 59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They’re Trying to Tell Us Why
- 6 Disruptive Church Trends That Will Rule 2017
Know Your Why – Church Life Jar workbook (27 pages)
- COVID-19 Procedures at PUMCThe United Methodist church encourages all to get vaccinated. The COVID Response Team is monitoring the COVID situation and ensuring the safety of all. PUMC is offering both online and in-person worship at this time. However our building is only open for worship and fellowship hour. CDC COVID-19 Community Level HIGH/ORANGE: Wear masks while inside the church building No food ...
- What’s Happening at PUMC – weekly email 220526*Contact information has been removed, please consult your directory or contact the church office if you need contact info Subscribe Dear Church Family and Friends, Please join us Sunday for our worship service with Pastor Todd Layton and his message What Do We Do Now? Worship with us on Sunday at 11 am ET in-person or on YouTube at ...
- What Do We Do Now? – Pastor Todd Layton – Order of Worship Sunday, May 29, 2022The bulletin from our Sunday worship and service on May 29, 2022, with Pastor Todd Layton and his message What Do We Do Now? Our scriptures will include 1 John 1:1-7 and Luke 24:44-53. Bulletin PDF (better for printing, use the Booklet setting in your PDF reader) Slideshow PDF (better for viewing on a computer or phone) Worship service ...
- Peace with Justice Sunday 2022 – June 5We will have a special guest for Peace with Justice Sunday on June 5 Since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. – Romans 5:1 NRSV SPECIAL GUEST ÉIRINN MCALEESE Friends Forever International is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that believes we can help build a better world by empowering ...
- Children’s Bulletin 220529Children’s Bulletin Archives Children’s bulletin from 05/29/22 Ages 3+ Ages 7+ Also you can play games here http://games.childrensbulletins.com, use secret code XYE467 To print bulletins: Printer and computer setups are highly individualized, but here is our best tip: Open in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free PDF reader) Select Print Under Paper Sizing and Handling select Booklet Booklet Subset: Both sides Binding: Left Children’s Bulletins Sunday School To Go