“When [Jesus] came, he announced the good news of peace to you who were far away from God and those who were near. We both have access to the Father through Christ by the one Spirit. So now you are no longer strangers and aliens. Rather, you are fellow citizens with God’s people, and you belong to God’s household.” ~ Ephesians 3:17-22
Peterborough United Methodist Church is engaging in service locally and abroad with the assistance of diverse aid organizations. You are invited to learn more about these organizations here, and to consider engaging in supporting these efforts personally.
Contribute: Help us serve by completing our two minute Community Needs Assessment
Avenue A Teen + Community Center
The Avenue A Teen Center provides a safe, supervised place for teens to hang out, socialize, and learn new skills! avenueatc.org
We have also had a long relationship supporting missionary Nan McCurdy in Nicaragua. Nan is a United Methodist missionary, called to serve God internationally. Nan and her husband work with the Women and Community Association, which focuses on health, development, and education. umcmission.org
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter)
MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter) is a service, temporary shelter, and advocate for the homeless in our local community. MATS is prepared to assist any person at any time, works to educate the community about homelessness, and depends entirely on grants and donations to fund their work. PUMC has collected and budgeted donations to MATS since 2004. matsnh.org
Monandock Center for Violence Prevention
Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention supports survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking in the Monadnock Region. MCVPrevention.org.
New Life Home
Since 2003, PUMC has been financially supporting the New Life Home for Women. This is a small organization, a residential facility providing care for women striving to break cycles of abuse, drug addiction, and poverty. New Life Home is special because it assists these women without separating them from their families. Over the years, we have received Christmas cards and letters of thanks from these families, who are receiving the gifts of time, training, and the Gospel through the initiative of George and Grace Rosado. newlifehome.org
The River Center
The River Center strengthens individuals and families of the Eastern Monadnock Region through parenting support, free tax preparation and money coaching, and community connections.
Shelter From The Storm
Shelter From the Storm This is a local program providing transitional housing and support services for those who have become homeless due to a variety of circumstances. In the past the church has provided dinners to this organization. In previous years the funds for this came out of the church budget. This shelter is in Jaffrey, NH. ShelterFromtheStormNH.org
World’s Children International
We are proud to sponsor Arun Hanmanthu from India through World’s Children International. This organization is dedicated to providing education, nourishment, and safety to children with HIV/AIDS, rescued from slavery, and otherwise without families. We have received a recent progress report and letter from Arun, and they are posted on the Fellowship Hall bulletin board. We have been sponsoring Arun for two years, and serving through WCI for six. We have not yet raised our annual donation amount this year, which provides for the care and education Arun’s home provides. Arun was orphaned by AIDS. His birthday is June 18, 2004. You can send him letters and paper items like stickers and mazes to: World’s Children International, PO Box 2708, Corvallis OR 97339. worldschildren.org
Watch for upcoming mission opportunities, including our famous electronics recycle day for Goodwill.
We collect food items, pop tabs, and Campbell’s soup labels continually, so your participation in our mission projects can begin today!
Learn about more of our missions projects and our Missions Team!
Missions Blog Posts
- Serrv Gifts Fundraiser 2022*The Serrv fundraiser ends Thursday, December 22! Gifts to buy? Homes to spruce? Shop handmade from the web link below . When you buy handmade gifts and home decor using the web link below, 20% of your purchase will be donated to PUMC Missions programs like Shelter from the Storm, MATS, New Life Home, Peterborough Food Bank, ...
- Save the Date: Giving Tuesday is November 29, 2022!Learn more about Giving Tuesday: https://www.givingtuesday.org/about/ Giving Tuesday is part of an international movement to extend the spirit of giving thanks into the Advent season. As a response to the hyper-consumerism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, people around the world celebrate Giving Tuesday by supporting organizations that are transforming the world. It offers an opportunity ...
- Backpacks for Shelters DriveBackpacks and school supplies for transitional shelters time! School days are right around the corner. As part of our local missions outreach, we are pleased to provide school backpacks for the children housed at the local transitional shelters, Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter (MATS) and Shelter From the Storm. Backpacks are in for 19 children at these ...
- Annual Yard Sale and Rummage at PUMC 2022PUMC’s Spring Yard Sale The Date: June 4th The Time: 9 AM – 2 PM – $1/Bag starts at 1 PM The Place: PUMC’s Front Lawn, Parking Lot, and Fellowship Room The Peterborough United Methodist Church will hold a Spring Yard Sale and Rummage on Saturday, June 4th at the church on 43 Concord Street in Peterborough NH. This year’s ...
- Peace with Justice Sunday 2022 – June 5We will have a special guest for Peace with Justice Sunday on June 5 Since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. – Romans 5:1 NRSV SPECIAL GUEST ÉIRINN MCALEESE Friends Forever International is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that believes we can help build a better world by empowering ...
- Tailgate Dinner for Hundred Nights shelter in Keene – volunteers wanted!Looking for a few volunteers to buy supplies or cook something and drop off at the church in Peterborough. Sign up for our bi-monthly email to be informed of future meals, separate from church mailing lists, just contact the church office with your email address at email@example.com. The next Weekend Meal for guests at Hundred Nights ...
- It’s Easter Baskets for Transitional Shelters Time 2022PUMC will be filling Easter Baskets again this year for our neighbors in area transitional housing at MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter), SFTS (Shelter From The Storm), and New Life Home. Keep an eye out for Easter candy, stickers, small toys, and books to donate. Donations may be left in the bin at the bottom ...
- School Supplies for Children in NeedSchool days are right around the corner. As part of our local missions outreach, we are pleased to provide school backpacks for the children housed at the local transitional shelters, Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter (MATS) and Shelter From the Storm. Backpacks are currently being ordered for 15 children at these homes. Our mission as the ...
- Peace with Justice SundayPlease join us this Sunday in supporting Peace with Justice. Peacemaking, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding The gospel is a message of redemption but also of peace and freedom. As Christians, we are called to spread peace, do good and stand for justice. Take a look at the scriptures: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of ...
- Easter Basket TimeHave you seen the candy, bunnies, and chicks on sale in the stores? It’s Easter Basket time again. One of our local missions projects each year is to give a small basket of goodies to each child in MATS (Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter) in Peterborough and SFTS (Shelter From the Storm) in Jaffrey. We also send ...